Jamie Kitson BSc Hons
In addition to my specific technical skills I have strong technical aptitude and an ability to rapidly learn and become proficient in new languages and tools, as recognised by my current employer. Colleagues have commented on my ability to transfer skills to others, my friendly nature and patience, and ability to work without supervision.
October 2003 - Present*
Developer - Idox PLC
Idox is one of the largest local government software providers in the UK.
My current role as a developer involves writing and maintaining Windows and Web applications and services using the following technologies:
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL Server
- On-site and remote system maintenance.
- Site management, including customer liaison, software releases, updates and support.
- Supporting end users on-site and via telephone.
- Problem solving ranging from fielding colleagues' and customers' questions, through to bug investigation, analysis and fixing.
* Including a career break for a year's travel in South America and Mexico, September 2006 - July 2007.
December 2002 - August 2003
Programmer / Analyst / Maintenance - Motiv Ltd
Designed and built several demo PDA applications using Delphi and MySQL, including:
Wrote a Java application producing PDF invoices.
Maintenance responsibilities included:
- A client for MS Project databases.
- A data collection application for double glazing surveyors, using the Louis 3 tier protocol.
- A mobile application to retrieve FAQ data.
- A Linux gateway/firewall.
- A Linux application server.
- Two Windows Server 2000 web servers.
July 2002 - September 2002
Technician - VW Heritage Parts Centre
- General computer maintenance.
- Database maintenance work (Line100).
- Designed and built a Delphi data gathering and ordering application.
- Picking ordered parts.
July 2001 - July 2002
Programmer / Analyst - Dorothy Stringer High School / Electronic Register Ltd.
Designed and built a variety of applications using MySQL, Delphi 5 and HTML code, including:
- Message broadcast system for instant staff / school communication.
- Mail shot application for selective pupil mailings.
- Specialist applications for electronic registers, involving network communication interface and data compression.
September 2000 - July 2001
Lab Technician / Classroom Assistant - Dorothy Stringer High School
Providing support to teachers and pupils in the science, IT & art departments.
- HTML, XHTML and CSS
- SQL, specifically Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- XML, XSLT and SOAP
- Database administration
- Windows Server
1997 - 2000
University of Manchester, Institute of Science and Technology
|BSc Hons Artificial Intelligence||2.2|
1990 - 1997
Steyning Grammar School (Comprehensive)
|GCSE's||7 subjects||A* - C|
Soruce on Github.
I have been running Linux and Linux servers at home for the last ten years or so, my non-computing interests include:
Full clean driving license.